I keep seeing all these wonderful Easter posts with little ones dying eggs, wearing pretty dresses, attending Easter egg hunts... I assure you we did all those things (minus the dying of eggs) but for some reason my camera has been on hiatus the last couple months. I have taken zero pictures.
During this time there have been many picture worthy moments. Cooper has gotten a tooth... and now a second. It was Easter. Ellie took a tumble across my parents deck and fell full speed head first into their door frame as I stood with the door open thus creating the biggest owie one has ever seen on the forehead of a 3 year old. Ellie has been in swim lessons. All picture worthy... but with a lazy momma. Or a momma with 4897344210 thought running thru my head at any moment that I have room for little else. The camera being the last thing on my mind.
Work is crazy. This week alone I had to pick up 4 shifts for staff who called in. This IS NOT what I had in mind when I wanted to go back to work part time. I actually had a 5th call in but I was already working at that point so I couldn't cover her shift. She also called ONE HOUR into her shift. One hour into her shift. Yes, that is what I said. Not before her shift started, but one hour after not showing. Seriously. Teenagers.
Don't get me wrong. I love this job and the challenge it is right now. I love being in charge and all that comes with it. I love being able to make the necessary changes to make the program the best it can become.
((At this moment Ellie is whipping a small blanket around saying, "look at all the sparkles..." I told her they were called dust... she is running around saying, "why are they all over?" "They look so pretty everywhere!" Ummm... I guess I need to dust.))
OMG. Never a dull moment. Now Ellie just came over to me and said, "mom, I'm pooping in my underwear." WTH.
2 comments:
I hate that your job is stressful right now. That stinks.
OMG your daughter shitting herself has me cracking up. Your life sounds like mine. I am glad. For me, not you. That makes me feel better. Thanks!
Post a Comment