5.28.2010

so far this spring...

We have been crazy busy.

My job is overwhelming. I walked into something that needed a fair amount of attention and change. The transition is happening slowly but surely. I can only work 20 hours a week, but most weeks I feel I could put in full time hours and still not get everything done. I feel like I've been eating, sleeping and dreaming about work. I wake up and think about work, drive and think about work, shower and think about work, eat lunch and think about work, go to bed and think about work... you get the idea. It never seems to leave me. Which isn't what I expected when I decided to take this job vs the full time social services position.

Don't get me wrong I really do like my job. It is just so much more involving than I thought it would be. These are peoples children that I am fully responsible for. Plus I am responsible for 25 staff who like to keep me on my toes and in the end it's my responsibility to cover the shift if they can't find a sub. Thankfully most shifts are only 2-3 hours, I can bring the kids and I'm flexible so this isn't a huge problem. Just an annoying problem.

Ok, enough about my job. I'm overwhelmed, a tad stressed, nervous about the changes, etc... but in the end, thankful to have a job.

Ellie turned 4 last month!

I can't believe I have a 4 year old! She is beautiful, funny, sensitive, sweet and loving. She is often more concerned with how others are feeling and making sure they are happy. She is hilarious. The things that come out of her mouth just crack me up and melt my heart.

So of course we had her birthday party at the Y. We ordered pizzas, opened presents and then made our way down to the pool to swim. She had 3 little girlfriends come and they had so much fun!







Her brand new bike from mommy and daddy!
Peace out. Time to head home to crash!

This is going to be the longest post ever.

The weekend after Ellie's party Greg and I got a little mini-vaca. His mom and sister came down to spend the weekend at our house with the kids while we went to a hotel for 2 nights and went to my girlfriends wedding.

I was such a wuss I cried until bedtime about leaving Cooper. Not constantly... but was weepy on and off all day. Give me a break, it was the first time in 8 months I'd left him overnight! We had a really good time and enjoyed the break (and sleeping in!).



Then the weekend after that (told you we've been busy!) we had my cousins wedding reception. She was married the week before (to a super cute guy named Alex :)) in Alabama and then came back home to MN for the reception.

Cousins with spouses and kids...
Cousins... (and at least a dozen more are missing... terrible that I can't even remember all my cousins but I have a ton and all on the same side of the family!)





And finally summer had hit us hard and early here in MN. We've seen 90's already which is really unusual. But we ain't complainin! We've been outside a ton. At my parents in the pool (kiddie pool), at the park for picnic lunches and just playing in the yard.



Finally... last but certainly NOT least (!) is my little Coop (who's not so little anymore). He usually does THIS in every. single. picture.





But for some reason on this particular day he did THIS in every. single. picture. It was so nice for a change! :)



w



And now onto June. We have no plans what so ever. No weddings, no graduations, no vacations... and it feels so nice. I am looking forward to enjoying this summer with my lovely little family :).

2 comments:

TEACHBROECK said...

LOVE THE PICS!!!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

NOOOOOOOO!!!! That can NOT be your little man. I can NOT believe how big he got. I didn't have a computer for two weeks. What did he do? GO TO COLLEGE?! ..and your girl, Ellie, How is she 2 already?! I hate this growing up thing. Tell them to stop!!!