Tanya and I took the girls to the pool yesterday afternoon. It was beautiful outside! I *heart* summer SO MUCH. It is to short a season here in MN. For some reason this year it is just hitting me harder, that summer is so short. I want to be off for the summer or have a more flexible job. Ellie is only going to be this into her mommy for a few more years... then she'll want nothing to do with me... and I want to make these years so fun for her. And not just 2 days a week. :( It probably doesn't help that I don't enjoy my job... or that it isn't AT ALL flexible. M-F 8-4:30. Everyone thinks those hours are
soooooo great. I think they suck. I want the flexibility of working a few weekends a month and having some weekdays off. I had that at my last job and it made life so easy when it came to making
dr or dentist
appt's, going grocery shopping when the store wasn't jam packed, spending more time as a family (Greg's schedule is as follows: Week 1 - Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Week 2 - Wednesday and Thursday. Rotating that schedule. So he has lots of days off during the week) and being able to spend more time with my friends. Tanya has off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and Jess has a schedule as a nurse that allows her lots of weekdays off. Excuse my rant. I'm just not happy with my life as far as the job front goes and I'm just venting. I'm just waiting for something else to fall into place...
anywho... back to yesterday... here are some pics from the pool!





When we got home we had some dinner and I threw her in the tub... all cleaned up with pj's on and within seconds she was out... the end of a great day :)
5 comments:
Looks like fun! We just set up our kiddy pool and I can't wait to get the kids in the water!
I love Colvill!!!
I love summer too,and this year I truly couldn't wait for it to finally arrive. I feel very blessed that it's our longest season here.
Maybe something will happen on the job front soon. I don't blame you for wanting a more flexible schedule.
Cute pool pics! We love going swimming here. Such a great way to bond (and wear out the kiddos). I understand what you mean about the work situation. Now that I am home for the summer, I hate the thought of going back and leaving Ellie at daycare all day.
I just love the swim-suits! Kids just love the water, mine do anyway!
Post a Comment