11.04.2007

the night & day from hell

It began last night around 9 p.m. E's bedtime is usually 7. But each time I went near her crib and/or asked her if she was ready for nigh nigh, she said "no, no!" I thought she was just being a little terd and didn't want to go to bed. So I just put her to bed and left the room. She cried and cried. I went back to her room, picking her up from her crib and she proceeded to puke her lunch up all over me. *ALL OVER ME* There was tons... I didn't realize her little belly could hold so much! It smelled awful. We walked downstairs... all the while I'm trying to hold her, while she's screaming her head off, and hold all this puke in my hands so we wouldn't leave a trail from her room to the bathroom... I gave her a bath, took her temp (none) gave her some tyl.enol, put on clean pj's and went upstairs to rock her for a while. Eventually she was ready to go back to bed. Within 20 minutes I heard a weird gurgle and coughing. I new she had done it again. This time all over her sheets, herself and her baby. This time we just washed up with a washcloth and put on clean pj's. I put down a blanket in her crib for her to sleep on. We rocked for a while again and she was ready to go back down.

I just had a feeling that she wasn't finished though... so I decided to make a bed on the living room floor (since we have no safety bed rails on our bed) that way we could sleep together and if she continued to puke we were downstairs and I could clean her up more easily. Well yes, she sure did continue. She threw up about every 20 minutes or so until a little after 1 a.m. It was so AWFUL! Eventually she had nothing left and she just continued to dry heave :(. I was home alone with her, G was working an overnight shift. Lucky him. So after 3 sets of pj's, lots of dirty blankets, an empty stomach, lots of cuddles and a little Se.sam.e Street she finally fell asleep on the living room floor next to me.

That was probably the hardest night I've had since E's birth. I was so exhausted to begin with because the night before I was up until after midnight being sick in the bathroom myself. It was so hard to hear her gurgling stomach and her cries after each puke session was over. We all know how awful throwing up can be. It sucks. Imagine doing it about 9 times in about 3 hours. I was so sad for her. I wish I would have been the sick one, not her. I slept awful on the floor, besides the fact that she thought the entire bed belonged to her, it was hard and I was worried about her. She was up at 6:02. Yes you read that right. 6:02 a.m. After not getting to bed until after 1. Now, I cannot function on less that 7 hours of sleep. It just doesn't work for me. Factor in all the moving around I had to do to accommodate my bed hog of a child and I would estimate I got about 4 hours of sleep last night. I told G that today I felt like I did when I was 21 and went out to the bars and got trashed with my girls and hit an after bar and was up til 5 a.m. and finally crashed and got up at noon. Those were hangovers from hell. Today I felt like I had one of those, yet I had not one single drop of alcohol last night... or for weeks for that matter! Getting old sucks.

So today I was pretty much a blob of nothing. E slept from 9:15 til noon. Which was awesome. During that time I should have slept, but instead I washed puke covered blankets and clothes and I layed on the couch and watched Geo.rgi.a Rul.e. It was an ok movie. Nothing special. Made Lind.say Lo.han look like a slut. Made me think that is the way she is in real life, cause she played the part so well. I also watched Dis.turbia this morning. Freaky movie. Also just ok. G requested I make some oatmeal cookies for his bowling league tomorrow night... so I did do that. I have had an awful headache all day and have been nodding on and off on the couch since G woke up. E has been kinda grumpy and cuddly all day which tells me she isn't feeling like her usual self. She has kept down all her meals today though, so that is good.

I am so beyond tired. It is 8:33 and I have got to go to bed. Hope you all had a better weekend that E and I did! New daycare starts tomorrow! Please pray that it goes well for us!!

Night.

4 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Of course it will go well tomorrow!

Hope she's feeling better soon.

TEACHBROECK said...

Oh my what a night...hope E is feeling better and YOU catch up on your rest! I do love those sick cuddles though!

TEACHBROECK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chastity said...

Poor E!! I hope she's feeling better now so you can both get some sleep!!