Did you hear about this lawsuit with Wal.mart? I have made it my mission to shop there as little as possible, if at all. There are some scheming incredibly thoughtless greedy people who run that joint. I don't want to be any part of it.
Please do not take this the wrong way...this is a horrible situation and I empathize with the family but...
Unfortunately this situation boils down to legal jargun. It appears that Shank's lawyers overlooked the "fine print" and should have included the 470 K that WalMart would require from the Shank's in the settlement they won from the trucking company.
From Walmart's standpoint, its very clear they are (straight from the article) defending the "fairness to all associates who contribute to, and benefit from, the plan."
The only trully "fair" solution I see here is that WalMart could petition to its employee plan holders asking if they agree that the Shank's should be forgiven of their 470 K obligation.
I know Walmart does not probably need that money repaid but the insurance company does and so do the other employees. Additionally, where do the "special exceptions" stop? How does WalMart's plan decide who receives additionally money or exceptions to the policy? There's no way that the Shank's are the only people who have been held accountable to this policy.
The reality is that all costs eventually trickle down to the employees who participate in the plan. WalMart has designed its plan with the intention of being fair to all memebers of the plan.
In the end, if someone is to blame it is the overall inefficienty of our healthcare system and the fact that health care costs are so high. We could also look to the insurance companies who administer the plans but in this case with the size of WalMart's health care plan the insurance companies are probably only administers of the plan (WalMart is probably a "self-insurer"). WalMart does not "profit" from its health care plan if they are a "self-insurer."
There are many other reasons we shouldn't like or shop at WalMart (i.e. poor employee relations) but the fact that they are following the rules of their designed health care plan should not be one of them.
While this might be true, I believe it is morally wrong and that was my point. Poor employee relations at it's finest. Walmart could (and should) be sticking up for their employee, but instead, they are keeping quiet most likely because they are getting a cut from the insurance co. themselves.
Just like Walmart doesn't need the $$, I'm sure the insurance co. doesn't either. They just have a few higher up's who's pockets need a bit more filling... a for-profit health care system is wrong. Our country needs a change. GO HILLARY!!
I agree with Christy they are bastards. I won't be shopping there.
5 comments:
GO Christy! I now agree!
I LOVE YOU.......even from 1500 miles away!!!!!
I wish I could kiss you goodnight and see our daughter!! I love you both, and can't wait to see you untill tomorrow!!!
Unfortunately, a lot of companies do things like this. It's pretty sad when it becomes all about money.
Please do not take this the wrong way...this is a horrible situation and I empathize with the family but...
Unfortunately this situation boils down to legal jargun. It appears that Shank's lawyers overlooked the "fine print" and should have included the 470 K that WalMart would require from the Shank's in the settlement they won from the trucking company.
From Walmart's standpoint, its very clear they are (straight from the article) defending the "fairness to all associates who contribute to, and benefit from, the plan."
The only trully "fair" solution I see here is that WalMart could petition to its employee plan holders asking if they agree that the Shank's should be forgiven of their 470 K obligation.
I know Walmart does not probably need that money repaid but the insurance company does and so do the other employees. Additionally, where do the "special exceptions" stop? How does WalMart's plan decide who receives additionally money or exceptions to the policy? There's no way that the Shank's are the only people who have been held accountable to this policy.
The reality is that all costs eventually trickle down to the employees who participate in the plan. WalMart has designed its plan with the intention of being fair to all memebers of the plan.
In the end, if someone is to blame it is the overall inefficienty of our healthcare system and the fact that health care costs are so high. We could also look to the insurance companies who administer the plans but in this case with the size of WalMart's health care plan the insurance companies are probably only administers of the plan (WalMart is probably a "self-insurer"). WalMart does not "profit" from its health care plan if they are a "self-insurer."
There are many other reasons we shouldn't like or shop at WalMart (i.e. poor employee relations) but the fact that they are following the rules of their designed health care plan should not be one of them.
J
While this might be true, I believe it is morally wrong and that was my point. Poor employee relations at it's finest. Walmart could (and should) be sticking up for their employee, but instead, they are keeping quiet most likely because they are getting a cut from the insurance co. themselves.
Just like Walmart doesn't need the $$, I'm sure the insurance co. doesn't either. They just have a few higher up's who's pockets need a bit more filling... a for-profit health care system is wrong. Our country needs a change. GO HILLARY!!
I agree with Christy they are bastards. I won't be shopping there.
Post a Comment